Eclipse: The SVN synchronization information for 'Project' has become corrupt or does not exist

Viewed 1271

For some days now Ecplise (Oxygen 4.7.1a) shows me question marker icons at all folders and files in the project explorer.

I figured out that this is caused by a broken SVN synchronization. Eclipse error log shows The SVN synchronization information for 'Project' has become corrupt or does not exist.

I use Subclipse (latest version) from Eclipse market place.

I tried:

  • removing and reinstalling Subclipse
  • removing workspace and check out SVN repo again

Still the same problem.

The curious thing is that SVN connection is ok. I can use Tortoise SVN in Windows explorer and SVN command line, but Subclipse in Eclipse does not work.

Any solutions to this?

1 Answers

I had the same. I tried the one thing in the link recommended by howlger, namely:

"Close Eclipse. Open your workspace folder and then navigate to:

.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects

There will be a folder for each project, each will have a file named .syncinfo in it. Delete all of these files and restart Eclipse."

It did not help. But then I tried "Add to Version Control". It complained that the project is already under Version Control, but the question mark is gone and everything seems to work OK now.

Related