That's the interview question that I failed back in the days. Nobody of my friends knows where the mistake is and why I've been told that I failed. That's why I decided to ask you to correct my solution Given an array of N integers. An integer K divides array into two subarrays.
Left part: A[0], A[1]...A[K];
Right part: A[K+1], A[K+2]... A[N-1];
Need to find the max possible absolute difference of max values in every subarray.
MaxDiff = Math.Abs(Max(A[0], A[1]...A[K]) - Max(A[K+1], A[K+2]... A[N-1]))
Example 1: [1, 3, -3]. If K=1, max difference is |3-(-3)| = 6.
Example 2: [4, 3, 2, 5, 1, 1]. If K=3, max difference is |5 - 1| = 4.
Time and space complexity should be O(n). As I see space complexity of my solution is not O(n) already..
int getMaxDifference(int[]A){
int [] leftMax = new int [A.length];
int [] rightMax = new int [A.length];
int max1 = Integer.MIN_VALUE;
int max2 = Integer.MIN_VALUE;
int dif = 0;
int maxDif = 0;
for (int i = 0; i< A.length; i++){
if (A[i]>max1) {max1 = A[i];}
leftMax[i] = max1;
}
for (int j = A.length-1; j>0; j--){
if (A[j]>max2) {max2 = A[j];}
rightMax[j] = max2;
}
for (int k = 0; k<A.length; k++){
dif = Math.abs(leftMax[k] - rightMax[k]);
if (dif>maxDif) {maxDif = dif;}}
return maxDif;
}