I want to sort sql results with a date that i get from jDateChooser and display all the returned results. This is what i have done so far. So far I have only managed to get 1 result even if i looped the sorted sql results.
public void MonthlyTotalExpenses_Report(){
String typeOfReport = (String) report_type.getSelectedItem();
String reportDate = ((JTextField)report_date.getDateEditor().getUiComponent()).getText();
db databaseCon = new db();
Connection dbconnect = db.dbconnect();
if(typeOfReport == "Total expenses"){
String selectQuery = "select name,type,sum(amount),date_payed from expenses order by ? DESC";
try{
Connection con = databaseCon.dbconnect();
ResultSet rs = null;
PreparedStatement pst = null;
pst = con.prepareStatement(selectQuery);
pst.setString(1,reportDate);
rs = pst.executeQuery();
List<String> results = new ArrayList<String>();
while(rs.next()) {
results.add(rs.getString(1));
}
for(String result : results) {
System.out.println(result);
}
}catch (Exception e){
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, e);
}
}
}
I want sort the results like this (for example -> 2017-01-01 to the date user select with jDateChooser) and print all the records available within that period. I just figured the sql query i wrote is wrong. It only prints the 1st value of the name column in the database. Help me to figure out how to sort according what i have mentioned above and print all the results that returned.