Linux: Conda not working on installing Anaconda

Viewed 2611

I have installed Anaconda for python2 as per official documentation. In the end I received message about successful installation. To check I typed ipython and its terminal is displayed successfully but on doing conda --version nothing comes. I have checked following:

  1. which python : It gives /home/username/anaconda2/bin/python

  2. sha of downloaded package: It is correct

  3. Other Anaconda installed package (ipython): It's terminal comes up

  4. which conda: /home/username/anaconda2/bin/conda

  5. Closed terminal and again open it(mentioned in docs). Checked after shutdown also !

  6. On doing anaconda-navigator following message comes:

    Please activate the conda root enviroment properly before running the anaconda-navigator command.

    To activate the environment please open a terminal and run:

    source /home/username/anaconda2/bin/activate root

    For more information please see the documentation at:

    https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/navigator/

On doing as suggested above, nothing happens and the problem persists. Since I am new to this, might be missing something tivial, please suggest?

1 Answers
Related