I'm trying to test a method using PHPUnit, where it calls another function (standalone function, without class), which resides in different file which does a some pretty good calculation and returns a object.
This is my actual main code:
class CreateRecords
{
public function createEntities($details)
{
if (trim($details['username']) == "") {
$this->result = "Username is empty.";
} else {
$this->result = create_record($Details['username']);
}
return $this->result;
}
}
This create_record function, (standalone function, without class), which is core function, resides in separate file and it does pretty good calculations (calls lots of other methods/functions) and returns object, whether it is successful or not.
I can mock the createEntities method, but I want to mock the create_record function, which does all the computations and returns the result.
I have seen few posts which has a somewhat similar scenario,
phpunit testing method that calls other class methods which need mock
PHPUnit mock method used in another class
But I am unable to understand, how to mock standalone function which is declared in some different file.