I have already tried a lots of options available for this problem on stackoverflow, unfortunately nothing is working for me so far.
It started with composer installation. My env details are listed below:
- OS: Windows 7
- PHP V 7.1.10, XAMPP version
I am running MINGW64, (which was installed with git v2.1.5)
curl --version
curl 7.56.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) libcurl/7.56.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l (WinSSL) zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.4 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.26.0
Release-Date: 2017-10-23
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile SSPI Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM SSL libz TLS-SRP HTTP2 HTTPS-proxy MultiSSL Metalink
Now here it seems CURL with OpenSSL is installed correctly.
When I was doing composer require or install it was reported me an error as follows:

I searched and figured out that its the local certificate problem so I downloaded the certificate/bundle from https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html, placed the certificate under C:\xampp\php\extras\ssl\ and changed the PHP.ini
curl.cainfo="C:\xampp\apache\bin\curl-ca-bundle.crt" openssl.cafile="C:\xampp\php\extras\ssl\curl-ca-bundle.crt"
this never worked. Then I placed my certificates under C:\Windows\System32\curl-ca-bundle.crt, changed the ini still it didn't work.
Then I downloaded cacert.pem from
and repeated steps to make it work with pem file.
However I am afraid still no success here.
Can anyone help me whats wrong going on here? Any help in this direction is much
appreciated.