What is the difference between TImage, TImageViewer, TImageControl?

Viewed 1773

Looked in the delphi help and could not find out when one should use each component over the other...

I am wondering what the differences are between these very similar controls: TImage, TImageViewer, and TImageControl.

I am interested in displaying multiple images on a form, to scroll through in a scrollbox; but all three of those components could be used, and I have no idea which one to choose!

2 Answers

Hi, I've just found this answer (from Alexander Brazda), because I wanted to know as well:

"..If you need to display a simple image (without borders, scroll bars, etc) use TImage this like a fmx primitive like any other shape (TRectangle, TCircle, TEllipse, TPipe, ...)

For an image with a control style (border, background, etc) use TImageControl

and for Zoom, Scroll, Dialogs, etc use TImageViewer.

TImage its simplex (just draw a image over a control where its placed), TSyledControls use a collection of objects to draw and copy values from control properties to style objects.

Of course you can use a TRectangle and Fill it with a TBitmap Brush. Image with WrapMode=Original and BitmapMargins empty would call Canvas.DrawBitmap() with any transformation (except screen scale if defined)..."

You can see the post : Google+ Delphi Developers forum

Related