I'm having an issue with my contentscript. I cannot get Jquery to function no matter what! Perhaps you can help me figure out what it is?
I am trying to "catch" a value I write in a field and pass it on for processing after I click a button. I am recieving the "$ is not defined" error which probably means it cannot load JQuery.
Here is my manifest, my html and my code:
{
"name": "Test 2017",
"manifest_version": 2,
"version": "0.1",
"description": "TestApp Jquery",
"browser_action": {
"default_popup": "popup.html",
"default_icon": "icon.png"
},
"background": {
"scripts": ["jquery-3.2.1.min.js",
"background.js"
]
},
"permissions": [
"tabs", "http://*/*", "https://*/*"
],
"content_scripts":
[
{
"matches": [ "http://*/*", "https://*/*"],
"js":["jquery-3.2.1.min.js",
"contentscript.js"]
}
]
}
Popup.html:
<html>
<head>
<script src="jquery-3.2.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="popup.js"></script>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">
body { min-width:250px; text-align: center; }
#click-me { font-size: 20px; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div>Input: <input id="input">
<input id="click-me" type="button" value="Go!"/>
</body>
Popup.js
function clickHandler(e) {
chrome.extension.sendMessage({directive: "popup-click"}, function(response)
{
this.close(); // close the popup when the background finishes processing
request
});
}
document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () {
document.getElementById('click-me').addEventListener('click', clickHandler);
})
background.js
chrome.extension.onMessage.addListener(
function(request, sender, sendResponse) {
switch (request.directive) {
case "popup-click":
// execute the content script
chrome.tabs.executeScript(null, { // defaults to the current tab
file: "contentscript.js", // script to inject into page and run in sandbox
allFrames: true // This injects script into iframes in the page and doesn't work before 4.0.266.0.
});
sendResponse({}); // sending back empty response to sender
break;
default:
// helps debug when request directive doesn't match
alert("Unmatched request of '" + request + "' from script to
background.js from " + sender);
}
}
);
Contentscript.js where I try to run Jquery:
var abc = $("#input").val();
console.log(abc);
And then I get the error.
Any help here? Why can't my extension load JQuery? I have the scripts loaded in the right order and all.
Thanks in advance!