When I create a deployment and a service in a Kubernetes Engine in GCP I get connection refused for no apparent reason.
The service creates a Load Balancer in GCP and all corresponding firewall rules are in place (allows traffic to port 80 from 0.0.0.0/0). The underlying service is running fine, when I kubectl exec into the pod and curl localhost:8000/ I get the correct response.
This deployment setting used to work just fine for other images, but yesterday and today I keep getting
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 35.x.x.x port 80: Connection refused
What could be the issue? I tried deleting and recreating the service multiple times, with no luck.
kind: Service
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
name: my-app
spec:
selector:
app: app
type: LoadBalancer
ports:
- protocol: TCP
port: 80
targetPort: 8000
---
apiVersion: apps/v1beta2
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: my-app
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: app
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: app
spec:
containers:
- name: my-app
image: gcr.io/myproject/my-app:0.0.1
imagePullPolicy: Always
ports:
- containerPort: 8000