Visual Studio 2017 Offline Installation Still Wants Internet Connection

Viewed 6973

I created an offline layout folder using the following command:

vs_enterprise.exe --layout c:\vs2017layout --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NetWeb --add Component.GitHub.VisualStudio --includeOptional --lang en-US

I then copied the entire resulted vs2017layout folder (~2.57GB) to another machine that does not have internet access and ran the following command:

vs_enterprise.exe --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NetWeb --add Component.GitHub.VisualStudio --includeOptional --lang en-US

However, the installer still wants internet connection. Please advise on what I'm missing. enter image description here

Thank you in advance.

4 Answers

I also had this kind of problem. However I managed to solve it by installing Visual Studio in online computer from downloaded Layout, waiting for installation to complete, then copy the Download Cache (by default located in %programdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages) into existing Layout.

This way some missing packages also get included and hopefully the layout installer no longer require internet for next offline installations.

Related