Uncaught exception: Attempting to call a function in a renderer window that has been closed or released

Viewed 1858

I'm new to desktop application development and am using Electron with node.js and javascript to build my app. Here is a short description of what I'm trying to achieve:

  • FirstWindow.html

    has list of products with each list item associated with event listener double click. On double clicking any element.

  • SecondWindow.html

    is supposed to be created which has the information of clicked product which is fetched from the database (postgesql). But on opening the app I get the following error:

Uncaught Exception: Attempting to call a function in a renderer window that has been closed or released

Here is my code snippet where I've tried to implement ipcMain and ipcRenderer modules:

main.js

const electron = require('electron');
ipcMain.on('item_catch_in_main', function(e, productname){
  SecondWindow.webContents.send('item_action_to_be_done', productname);
});

FirstWindow.html

<script>
const { ipcRenderer } = require('electron');
ipcRenderer.send('item_catch_in_main', productname);
</script>

SecondWindow.html

<script>
const { ipcRenderer } = require('electron');
ipcRenderer.on('item_action_to_be_done', (event, item) => {
console.log(item);
});
</script>

Please let me know if anyone has worked around similar problem in Elecrton. Thanks in advance!

0 Answers
Related