Can't create a spring starter project in spring tool suite

Viewed 23878

JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with { at character 0

I used spring-tool-suite-3.9.1.RELEASE-e4.7.1a-win32-x86_64, why can't I create a project directly in File->New->Spring Starter Project

I got the screenshot below.

enter image description here

9 Answers

It may be late, but others might find it useful. I faced the same issue when I was trying to create a project in eclipse using Spring Starter Project.

What I did was change the Service Url from http://start.spring.io/ to https://start.spring.io/. I just changed the http to https and it worked. I don't know if it is a security related error or what, but I was able to create a project.

This is what I did:

  1. In eclipse go to -> window -> preferences -> General -> Network Connections.
  2. In Network Connections, select 'Direct' for Active Provider. And click Apply.
  3. Now try creating spring starter project with - https://start.spring.io/ url.

image

Edit the URL to https://start.spring.io instead of http://start.spring.io (HTTP ⟶ HTTP/S).

This looks like a connection problem with start.spring.io (or a proxy in between your machine and start.spring.io) - or a temporary problem on start.spring.io.

If this problem persists, you can easily workaround it by using your browser, go to http://start.spring.io, select the boot modules you would like to use, and download a ZIP of the project. Then unpack it locally and import it using "Import -> Maven -> Import as Existing Maven Project" into STS.

  • Go to http://start.spring.io/ and generate the project there; pull down the zip and extract into a folder (preferably with the top-most dir being the same as the Artifact)
  • Import the project

That worked for me ....

Changing the URL from http://start.spring.io to https://start.spring.io works for me .

In my case, I am in a corporate, and for that first you need to set up the proxy in the eclipse IDE; only then will it work.

just do the eclipse update . in eclipse menu: Help>> Check for update , accept and install .

I had this same issue. Just connect to internet first and restart the STS.

The inbuilt wizard uses internet web service to work. See if this works for you!

Maybe it's too late but I solved it adding -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/home/[user]/.sdkman/candidates/java/11.0.6-zulu/lib/security/cacerts line to STS.ini. I hope you can solve it too

Related