I've been trying to use jquery with react effectively and it's been working out great so far by writing import $ from 'jquery' at the top of the corresponding component.
Now, however, I need jquery-ui. To accomplish this, I have run npm install jquery-ui and sure enough there is a jquery-ui file in my node_modules. However, if I try to run some jquery-ui method like:
$('.SomeClass').toggle('slide', { direction: 'right' });
I get about 70 errors, the last one being jQuery.easing[this.easing] is not a function. Can anyone help me get jquery-ui running proper?! Thanks a million.
I also tried to change my import to import $ from 'jquery-ui'. Then I only get the error Cannot read property 'version' of undefined, or else name.split is not a function if I try to be fancy using $(event.currentTarget). Hopefully the updated import is a step in the right direction, but mind it could be a red herring.
NOTE: I got npm WARN react@0.8.0 requires a peer of envify@~0.2.0 but none was installed when I installed jquery-ui but I don't suppose this has any relevance to my errors.