What I am trying to achieve is to animate an element width few words in the way that hovered word leaves in the center of the element and the rest smoothly goes out of the bounds. I would also keep it as clear as possible in HTML and not to use fixed pixel amount of margins/widths to position elements.
The very lousy sketch of what I have on my mind is here:
* {
transition: all 1.5s;
}
div {
min-width: 150px;
width: 30%;
height: 25px;
line-height: 25px;
background: orange;
text-align: center;
overflow: hidden;
}
div:hover {
background: white;
word-spacing: 300px;
}
a:hover::after,
a:hover::before {
content: ' ';
}
<div>
<a class="afirst" href="">First</a> & <a class="asecond" href="">Second</a>
</div>
Each word on hover should go to center (possibly not with those 'jumps' visible now when other words disapear). Do you have any ideas? I'm pretty sure that the way I try to follow with word-spacing is wrong.