Hyperledger Fabric SDK location

Viewed 185

In the Hyperledger Fabric architecture where is the SDK hosted?

After pouring through the Fabric guides and documents I still can't find the exact specification of where the SDK for interacting with or deploying chaincode resides in the overall network architecture.

I am curious as if it is a node on the network then I see this as a single point of failure.

2 Answers

So, the SDK is actually the part in the business flow that interacts with the customer, and therefore it can be hosted anywhere.

  • It can be a web application that acts as a front end, having the fabric as the back-end
  • It can be a phone application that a user has
  • It can be even an IoT device on a RaspBerry Pi that simply logs periodically real world data into the blockchain
  • It can be a service that interacts with other services inside a data center.
Related