I have two buckets (let‘s say A and B) in different regions. I have archives in the bucket A with a metadata (x-amz-meta-mymeta). I do perform a copy command using the CLI:
aws s3 cp s3://A/${file}.tar.gz s3://B/
Depending on the file, metadata are kept or not. Files pikachu have both the same metadata after the copy, but a file pika-chu does not have the metadata in the target bucket B.
I have read the doc but could not find any other information than the one exposed in this SO answer.
The metadata is lost even though the destination file already exists or not.
Any hints on that?
Edit: metadata is lost even if the copy command is
aws s3 cp s3://A/${file}.tar.gz s3://B/${file}
Edit: For info, the size of the files differs, pikachu is few Mb large whereas pika-chu is more like 50Mb.
Edit: Files are uploaded using aws s3 cp with no multipart information.