node-v59-linux-x64/grpc_node.node is missing

Viewed 3745

I am trying to use Firebase admin SDK in my server. When I deploy I get the error I am missing file node-v59-linux-x64/grpc_node.node in firebase-admin node_module map. I added "grpc": "1.7.1" in my package, but I still do not get that file after NPM update. I get an older version, node-v57. I also checked this path https://registry.npmjs.org/grpc/-/grpc-1.7.1.tgz, but I could not locate the file. I deleted my node_modules map and ran npm install again, still no node-v59.

How/where can I download that file? Is there any one who can put the file here so I can manually add it?

Error: Cannot find module '/data/app/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/node-v59-linux-x64/grpc_node.node'

3 Answers

This helped in my case, based on @murgatroid99’s answer:

npm rebuild --target=8.1.0 --target_platform=linux --target_arch=x64 --target_libc=glibc --update-binary

It downloads the required binary to your node_modules/grpc directory.

I run macOS X on my dev machine and I’m deploying to AWS Lambda; this keeps both runtime versions installed, which means I can develop and test locally and then deploy to Lambda.

Related