There are 2 Fragments of the Activity. When the first Fragment is visible, I want the status bar to be translucent (no Toolbar here). That works as expected.
But when I switch over to the second Fragment, I want the status bar to be opaque. And the Toolbar should be drawn below the status bar. I want these changes to be done programmatically because I can't do it in the Activity XML.
So far I've tried the following code. But this doesn't work.
if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.LOLLIPOP)
{
Window window = getActivity().getWindow();
view.setFitsSystemWindows(true);
window.getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility(View.SYSTEM_UI_LAYOUT_FLAGS);
window.addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_DRAWS_SYSTEM_BAR_BACKGROUNDS);
window.addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FORCE_NOT_FULLSCREEN);
window.addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.TYPE_STATUS_BAR);
window.setStatusBarColor(ContextCompat.getColor(getContext(), R.color.colorPrimaryDark));
}
This is the screen I'm getting:

But I want the status bar to have primaryDark colour and the Toolbar to appear below it.
AndroidManifest.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
package="in.blogspot.smarphy.pierecipe">
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
<application
android:allowBackup="true"
android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round"
android:supportsRtl="true">
<activity
android:name=".SplashActivity"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity
android:name=".HomeyActivity"
android:label="@string/title_activity_homey"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.SEARCH" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity
android:name=".RecipesCardsActivity"
android:label="@string/title_activity_recipes_cards"
android:parentActivityName=".HomeyActivity"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme.OpaqueStatus" />
<service android:name=".Services.HomeCardsNetworkService" />
<service android:name=".Services.SearchCardsNetworkService" />
</application>
</manifest>