Jupyter notebook will not open from command prompt

Viewed 19059

I am trying to work with Jupyter notebook on Windows 10 (64-bit). I downloaded Anaconda3 5.0.1. Now I should be able to open the jupyter notebook from the command prompt by typing jupyter notebook. However I get the following error:

enter image description here

The only way I am able to open jupyter notebook is from the Anaconda navigator. However, I would like to change the directory from which the notebook opens and none of the solutions here How to change the Jupyter start-up folder work if I cannot open jupyther from the command prompt. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling anaconda, but that did not change anything.

2 Answers

If you have:

  • Jupiter installed directly from Python (not anaconda)
  • PATH already configured (in case of not, you can do it manually from Windows system advanced menu)

try with: py -m jupyter notebook

It should work ;)

Related