I am working through the Django tutorial, and am trying to get the test cases to run with PyCharm. I have encountered a problem however. When I run the command: app test
I am faced with this exception: test framework quit unexpectedly:
F:\programming\Python\python.exe "F:\programming\JetBrains\PyCharm 2017.2.4\helpers\pycharm\django_test_manage.py" test a F:\programming\Projects\pycharm\untitled
Testing started at 4:54 PM ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\programming\JetBrains\PyCharm 2017.2.4\helpers\pycharm\django_test_manage.py", line 157, in <module>
utility.execute()
File "F:\programming\JetBrains\PyCharm 2017.2.4\helpers\pycharm\django_test_manage.py", line 110, in execute
from django_test_runner import is_nosetest
File "F:\programming\JetBrains\PyCharm 2017.2.4\helpers\pycharm\django_test_runner.py", line 42, in <module>
from django.utils import unittest
ImportError: cannot import name 'unittest'
Process finished with exit code 1
Apparently, the django_test_manage.py file does not work. How can I fix this?
this happens even when the test.py class is empty. So it must be a problem with PyCharm then(?)
I am using PyCharm Pro 2017.2.4, Django 2.0 and Python 3.6
My run/debug configurations are just the basic, preset Django Settings that PyCharm does.