How to do "adb logcat" via Wifi without connecting the device to the computer first?

Viewed 1414

I'm developing an app for a custom Android x86 build using a mini PC. I'm trying to debug and do the logcat on it via Wifi, since I can't really connect the mini PC to my workstation using USB and logcat it the usual way. Or at least not that I'm aware of. But on every articles and tutorials that I've read, the first step to do adb via Wifi is to connect the device first and do "adb tcpip 5555", which I cannot do, or I don't know how to do. So is there anyway to debug and log the mini PC without connecting it to the workstation first?

Thanks.

1 Answers

There is no way to do that in devices that are not rooted,even for rooted ones you do realize that would be a security problem right ,anyone whose debugging is enabled could be connected then.

Related