I am new to Cereal and I am having a hard time understanding how to deserialize a JSON string. Unfortunately, my work firewall restricts me from accessing Google Groups to post on the message board.
I have a class that I can turn into a JSON string but can’t for the life of me take the string and recreate the class. Any help would be appreciated and please be gentle I just got out of school, it is my first job, and I am way out my depth.
This is the error I am getting:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cereal::RapidJSONException' what(): rapidjson internal assertion failure: IsObject()
Below is MyClass.hpp class:
#include <cstdio>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include "../cereal/access.hpp"
class MyClass{
Public: //function declarations
template<class Archive> // public serialization (normal)
void serialize(Archive & ar)
{
ar(x, y, z);
}
private: // member variables
string x;
int y;
bool z;
};
Below is my Main.cpp:
#include <../cereal/types/unordered_map.hpp>
#include <../cereal/types/memory.hpp>
#include <../cereal/types/concepts/pair_associative_container.hpp>
#include <../cereal/archives/json.hpp>
#include <../cereal/types/vector.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include "MyClass.hpp"
int main(){
// serialize (this part all works... i think)
{
// create a class object and give it some data
MyClass data("hello", 6, true);
// create a string stream object
std::stringstream os;
// assign the string stream object to the Output Archive
cereal::JSONOutputArchive archive_out(os);
//write data to the output archive
archive_out(CEREAL_NVP( data ));
// write the string stream buffer to a variable
string json_str = os.str();
}
// deserialize
{
// create a string stream object and pass it the string variable holding the JSON archive
std::stringstream is( json_str );
// pass the stream sting object into the input archive **** this is the line of code that generates the error
cereal::JSONInputArchive archive_in( is );
// create a new object of MyClass
MyClass data_new;
// use input archive to write data to my class
archive_in( data_new );
}
}