So I have a dataframe that looks like this:
#1 #2
1980-01-01 11.6985 126.0
1980-01-02 43.6431 134.0
1980-01-03 54.9089 130.0
1980-01-04 63.1225 126.0
1980-01-05 72.4399 120.0
What I want to do is to shift the first row of the first column (11.6985) down 1 row, and then the last row of the first column (72.4399) would be shifted to the first row, first column, like so:
#1 #2
1980-01-01 72.4399 126.0
1980-01-02 11.6985 134.0
1980-01-03 43.6431 130.0
1980-01-04 54.9089 126.0
1980-01-05 63.1225 120.0
The idea is that I want to use these dataframes to find an R^2 value for every shift, so I need to use all the data or it might not work. I have tried to use pandas.Dataframe.shift():
print(data)
#Output
1980-01-01 11.6985 126.0
1980-01-02 43.6431 134.0
1980-01-03 54.9089 130.0
1980-01-04 63.1225 126.0
1980-01-05 72.4399 120.0
print(data.shift(1,axis = 0))
1980-01-01 NaN NaN
1980-01-02 11.6985 126.0
1980-01-03 43.6431 134.0
1980-01-04 54.9089 130.0
1980-01-05 63.1225 126.0
So it just shifts both columns down and gets rid of the last row of data, which is not what I want.
Any advice?