I have access to a particular OData service (and metadata), but not the code behind building that service. I'm using REST Clients like Postman to test the service and view its metadata. However, the service is quite large and I am having trouble trying to figure out how all the different entities relate to each other. Visualizing the EDMX metadata into a sort of UML Class (database) Diagram would be extremely helpful in this case.
Being able to visualize all the different entities, keys, and relationships in a large service would be very helpful in both debugging that service and developing front-end code against it.
In my "non-data service" development, I use the Entity Framework within Visual Studio, which displays the EDMX file as a UML Diagram. I tried manually plugging in the metadata from the service into a Visual Studio EDMX file but to no avail: The Entity Model Designer is unable to display the file you requested
Is there a way to translate EDMX metadata in UML schema or entities relations schema ?