Corda doorman for dummies

Viewed 1008

I need to create a doorman in my test corda network but I do not understand how to do it.

I can't find any tutorial for the Corda doorman.

This page seems to be the only source of info on the doorman service: Network permissioning(Doorman) It is really difficult to implement the doorman service just using this page.

I don't know what to do, can somebody explain the doorman for dummies?

1 Answers

Pierre, I don't advise implementing your own Doorman - this would not be your time well-spent. Instead I suggest use standard tools and procedures to create, sign and distribute certificates to Corda nodes as specified in the ā€˜Network Permissioning’ section of the docs.

For when you start planning to deploy Corda to run real-world production workloads you would also be looking for a supported way of automating the management of network membership. Production deployments of Corda would also have other enterprise-grade requirements such as HA, DR, performance, manageability, compliance and security. These requirements will be addressed by upcoming release of Corda Enterprise. Naturally Doorman - the component which handles the management of network membership - will be part of Corda Enterprise.

For development and testing purposes there will be a stand-alone installable Doorman package with restricted license for non-production use.

Related