I doubt in the meaning of this part of android "Activity lifecycle" tutorial:
It is also important that you use onStop() to release resources that might leak memory, because it is possible for the system to kill the process hosting your activity without calling the activity's final onDestroy() callback.
As I understand, when process is killed all memory associated with it is deallocated. A leak is a situation when a component with greater scope owns a reference to a component with a smaller scope (static reference to a context, handler, inner class etc). But if a process is dead, there are no components alive at all. Yes, some of them can be recreated later, but they will not hold a reference to some "old" components from past. Can anyone give an example of the scenario when killing a process can lead to memory leaks? Or am I totally wrong in my (some of my) assumptions?
Thanks in advance!