I have a server generate AWS S3 pre-signed PUT URLs and then I'm trying to uploading a byte[] into that URL using RestTemplate with this code:
RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();
HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
headers.setAccept(Arrays.asList(MediaType.ALL));
HttpEntity<byte[]> entity = new HttpEntity<>("Testing testing testing".getBytes(), headers);
System.out.println(restTemplate.exchange(putUrl, HttpMethod.PUT, entity, String.class));
When I run that code, I get this error:
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 400 Bad Request
at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:63)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:700)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:653)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:613)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.exchange(RestTemplate.java:531)
at tech.dashman.dashman.controllers.RendererAppController.lambda$null$2(RendererAppController.java:95)
Unfortunately, there's nothing in the AWS S3 logs, so, I'm not sure what's going on. If I take that exact same URL and put it in the REST Client of IntelliJ IDEA, it just works (it creates an empty file in S3).
Any ideas what's wrong with my Java code?
Here's a full example that does the signing and tries to uploading a small payload to S3:
import com.amazonaws.HttpMethod;
import com.amazonaws.auth.AWSStaticCredentialsProvider;
import com.amazonaws.auth.BasicAWSCredentials;
import com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3;
import com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3ClientBuilder;
import com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.GeneratePresignedUrlRequest;
import org.joda.time.DateTime;
import org.springframework.http.HttpEntity;
import org.springframework.http.HttpHeaders;
import org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate;
import java.util.Date;
public class S3PutIssue {
static public void main(String[] args) {
String awsAccessKeyId = "";
String awsSecretKey = "";
String awsRegion = "";
String path = "";
String awsBucketName = "";
BasicAWSCredentials awsCredentials = new BasicAWSCredentials(awsAccessKeyId, awsSecretKey);
AmazonS3 s3Client = AmazonS3ClientBuilder.standard().withRegion(awsRegion).
withCredentials(new AWSStaticCredentialsProvider(awsCredentials)).build();
Date expiration = new DateTime().plusDays(1).toDate();
GeneratePresignedUrlRequest urlRequest = new GeneratePresignedUrlRequest(awsBucketName, path);
urlRequest.setMethod(HttpMethod.PUT);
urlRequest.setExpiration(expiration);
String putUrl = s3Client.generatePresignedUrl(urlRequest).toString();
RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();
HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
HttpEntity<byte[]> entity = new HttpEntity<>("Testing testing testing".getBytes(), headers);
restTemplate.exchange(putUrl, org.springframework.http.HttpMethod.PUT, entity, Void.class);
}
}