How to automatically capture respondent's email ID in Google Sheet?

Viewed 5354

I am sending a survey sheet to participants to their email ids. I am able to capture and see the responses to each question asked. However, I am not able to see the corresponding Respondent's email id.

Is there any way to auto capture the respondent's email address automatically in the response sheet?

2 Answers

Go to your form and click on 'Settings' icon. There you will find a checkbox to collect email address of the respondent and save it. You can now see a column in the response sheet which contains email addresses.

enter image description here

I use the Google Forms Pre-Filled Answers feature. This allows you to pre-fill a form value when you send it out to someone. This is described here:

Follow the steps here: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2839588?hl=en

You will get a form URL with an email query string parameter like this which you can then modify by changing the email address for each user:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/111122223333/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.1731330325=me@example.com

Here are some high level steps to accomplish this:

  1. Open a form in Google Forms
  2. In the menu bar, click Responses > Get pre-filled URL
  3. Click the email field and enter a test value
  4. Click submit
  5. Choose Get pre-filled link and identify the parameter name associated with the email address you entered
  6. Create a program that does a "mail merge" with the URL adding the recipient's email address to the parameter in question for each recipient email
Related