Actually I am using xlrd module 1.1.0 version, but I don't know how to read cell properties like background color, font, and whether cell is locked.
I tried to use
import xlrd
book = xlrd.open_workbook("sample.xls", formatting_info=True)
sheets = book.sheet_names()
print "sheets are:", sheets
for index, sh in enumerate(sheets):
sheet = book.sheet_by_index(index)
print "Sheet:", sheet.name
rows, cols = sheet.nrows, sheet.ncols
print "Number of rows: %s Number of cols: %s" % (rows, cols)
for row in range(rows):
for col in range(cols):
print "row, col is:", row+1, col+1,
thecell = sheet.cell(row, col)
# could get 'dump', 'value', 'xf_index'
print thecell.value,
xfx = sheet.cell_`enter code here`xf_index(row, col)
xf = book.xf_list[xfx]
bgx = xf.background.pattern_colour_index
print bgx
t raises an error saying formatting information needs to be set while reading wb, but if I had that parameter then it shows it is still not implemented.
Is there another module or how can this module itself be made to read cell properties?
python xlrd Thank you in advance