Refresh Token gets revoked with Access Token in Laravel Passport

Viewed 3599

I am using laravel/passport password_grant for authentication. The whole generating access_token and refresh_token process is working fine. Now I am trying to use laravel passport token events to revoke old tokens.

I referred to this post for the process - https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/laravel/laravel-passport-revoke-and-prune-event-listener-is-not-doing-anything

This works... But when refreshing an access token using the previously provided refresh token, a new access token is being created and also a new refresh token being is created. Eventually, while revoking the old access token, the old, not expired refresh token also gets revoked.

But I think, the refresh token must be revoked only when it has expired.

And also when I remove the EventListeners from the App\Providers\EventServiceProvider $listen array, the revoking mechanism still works.

It's like even pulling out the plug the light bulb is still on.

How to solve this issue? Or am I wrong with the concept somewhere?

1 Answers
Related