I need to import great amount of data from excel into MS SQL Server, using the Import/ Export Wizard. Then I'll continue importing more data into the same table on a weekly basis.
The bad thing is that my excel data doesn't have an identity column, which to use as a primary key. The only option with what available is to use 2 string columns as a primary key, which is not a good idea.
Is there a way the sql server to add auto-identity column (integer) when importing the data, and what's the trick? I prefer such a column to be automatically added, because I'll need to import big amount of data into the same table on a weekly basis.
I tested a couple of times (with no success) and looked for a solution in the internet, but didn't found an answer to that particular question. Thanks in advance!