SonarQube 6.7 failed to start because CONFIG_SECCOMP not compiled into kernel

Viewed 3521

I've just upgraded SonarQube from 6.0 to 6.7 LTS running in a CentOS 6 box, and noticed that ElasticSearch (ES) failed to start because the kernel (2.6.32-696.3.1.el6.x86_64) doesn't have seccomp available.

This is officially documented at System call filter check and a correct workaround for systems without this feature is to configure bootstrap.system_call_filter to false in elasticsearch.yml.

The issue here is because Sonar creates the ES configuration at startup, writing in $SONAR_HOME/temp/conf/es/elasticsearch.yml and I haven't found a way to set bootstrap.system_call_filter property.

I tried a natural (undocumented) way introducing sonar.search.bootstrap.system_call_filter and bootstrap.system_call_filter properties in sonar.properties but it doesn't work.

5 Answers

For sonarqube docker image, setup additional environment to disable this feature when "docker run":

-e SONAR_SEARCH_JAVAADDITIONALOPTS="-Dbootstrap.system_call_filter=false"

You could really cheat and edit /${SONAR_HOME}/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch.

Add

echo "bootstrap.system_call_filter = 'false'" >> 
/${SONAR_HOME}/temp/conf/es/elasticsearch.yml

before the "demonized" variable is set.

Hi I tried to echo bootstrap.system_call_filter: 'false' to temp/conf/es/elasticsearch.yml, I see the line in that file, but got same error during start of sonarqube 6.7 on centos6.

Has someone tested that with success?

Related