I am trying to install openssl-dev package (In order to use it in PACT rust implementation) on "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3", which contains "OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013" installed version but not its include files as far as I can tell. I tried various options to install it through yum was failed (For example, I tried http://www.ehowstuff.com/how-to-install-and-update-openssl-on-centos-6-centos-7/). I am working behind proxy, but I doesn’t seems to be the problem (I can install other things and already add it into /etc/yum.conf). When I am running:
yum install openssl-devel
I get:
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
...
No package openssl-devel available.
I found some workaround with building locally, but it takes a lot of preparing work (setting OPENSSL_LIB_DIR, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR, OPENSSL_STATIC & OPENSSL_DIR environment variables) so it will be very helpful, since I will recreate replacement workstation soon (so you can assume that I will discard any grabge that I already put in the system).
Thanks, Assaf