I want to remove the highlighting of a tag when my cursor is on it. For example Visual Studio Code shows a paragraph tag like this: [<]p[>] where I want it to show like this <p>. See image for an example.
I want to remove the highlighting of a tag when my cursor is on it. For example Visual Studio Code shows a paragraph tag like this: [<]p[>] where I want it to show like this <p>. See image for an example.
In your settings.json put:
// Highlight matching brackets when one of them is selected.
"editor.matchBrackets": false,
That will stop the behavior you see, but will do it for all supported languages (so also javascript for example). You can change that setting for only html by :
"[html]": {
"editor.matchBrackets": false
}
Try this
"editor.selectionHighlight": false
Ref -> https://www.samundra.com.np/disable-annoying-highlight-in-visual-studio-code/1666
It appears that this has changed since the other answers were posted:
Value is not accepted. Valid values: "always", "near", "never".(1)
Use this instead:
"editor.matchBrackets": "never"