I'm unable to see threads menu tab and also profiler and sampler are disabled state and getting message "profiling is not supported by this JVM"
I'm unable to see threads menu tab and also profiler and sampler are disabled state and getting message "profiling is not supported by this JVM"
In the production server, the problem with jvisualVM is, java application is running on 32-bit JDK1.8, and I opened JVisualVM present in 64-bit JDK(1.8)'s bin folder. (simply they have 32,64-bit JDK's)
So make sure when you are running your java application on 32-bit JDK, use JvisualVM from 32-bit JDK only.
You can also use 64 bit JVisualVM when you are running java application on 32 bit JVM.
I faced a similar problem, and I solved it by running JVisualVM as administrator. My application had been started this way too.
If both application and jvisualvm are running in same jdk and still Thread tab is missing. Then just restart application/eclipse, then restart the jvisualvm it'll automatically make JMX connection. In case it fails again you can make JMX connection manually also by following the documentation