How to run the equivalent of "sudo update-rc.d redis_6379 defaults" in CentOS?

Viewed 1033

I am installing redis on CentOS. In order to daemonize redis, their documentation says to run the following command after completing a few configuration steps.

sudo update-rc.d redis_6379 defaults

However, this command is not available on CentOS. I was able to complete all the prior steps using the CentOS equivalent commands except for this one.

I read that insserv or chkconfig are the equivalents on CentOS. insserv was not found on my CentOS. I am left with chkconfig which I do have. But how to run the equivalent of above command? Do I need to be in a certain directory first?

I cd'd to the following directory.

cd /etc/rc.d/rc?.d

Then ran all of these commands none of which worked.

chkconfig --defaults redis_6379   //--> --defaults: unknown option
chkconfig --add redis_6379        //--> service redis_6379 does not support chkconfig

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Answers
Related