Issue running emscripten after installing/configuring from emsdk

Viewed 1189

Note: I have already added a comment onto emscripten github issue #5215, but have yet to receive a response there.

I am having issues trying to use emcc when running a version of emscripten that I installed and configured using emsdk-portable.tar.gz. I followed the instructions here:

http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/getting_started/downloads.html#platform-notes-installation-instructions-sdk

I used these commands in the root folder that I unpacked to as instructed:

./emsdk update
./emsdk install latest
./emsdk activate latest
source ./emsdk_env.sh

Once I'd done this, the file /home/pete/.emscripten looked like this:

import os
LLVM_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit'
EMSCRIPTEN_NATIVE_OPTIMIZER='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/optimizer'
BINARYEN_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/binaryen'
NODE_JS='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/node/4.1.1_64bit/bin/node'
EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/emscripten/1.37.22'
SPIDERMONKEY_ENGINE = ''
V8_ENGINE = ''
TEMP_DIR = '/tmp'
COMPILER_ENGINE = NODE_JS
JS_ENGINES = [NODE_JS]

When checking the version of ./emcc, I got this output:

pete@PetesUbu:~/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/emscripten/1.37.22$ ./emcc -v
INFO:root:generating system asset: is_vanilla.txt... (this will be cached in "/home/pete/.emscripten_cache/is_vanilla.txt" for subsequent builds)
/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: relocation error: /home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: symbol _ZNKSt3_V214error_category10_M_messageB5cxx11Ei, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
INFO:root: - ok
WARNING:root:(Emscripten: unknown: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects, clearing cache)
CRITICAL:root:Could not verify LLVM version: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: relocation error: /home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: symbol _ZNKSt3_V214error_category10_M_messageB5cxx11Ei, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
CRITICAL:root:fastcomp in use, but LLVM has not been built with the JavaScript backend as a target, llc reports:
===========================================================================
(no targets could be identified: need more than 1 value to unpack)
===========================================================================
CRITICAL:root:you can fall back to the older (pre-fastcomp) compiler core, although that is not recommended, see http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/building_from_source/LLVM-Backend.html
INFO:root:(Emscripten: Running sanity checks)
CRITICAL:root:failing sanity checks due to previous fastcomp failure

The first warning looks to be python related, and I noticed python wasn't set up in the environment variables... so I added it to ./emscripten to look like this:

import os
LLVM_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit'
EMSCRIPTEN_NATIVE_OPTIMIZER='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/optimizer'
BINARYEN_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/binaryen'
NODE_JS='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/node/4.1.1_64bit/bin/node'
EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT='/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/emscripten/1.37.22'
SPIDERMONKEY_ENGINE = ''
V8_ENGINE = ''
TEMP_DIR = '/tmp'
COMPILER_ENGINE = NODE_JS
JS_ENGINES = [NODE_JS]
PYTHON = 'python'

'python' calls a version of python 2.7.x that is above the minimum suggested in the instructions... I can't remember which off the top of my head, but I checked.

And so I called the version of ./emcc again, to get this output:

pete@PetesUbu:~/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/emscripten/1.37.22$ ./emcc -v
WARNING:root:(Emscripten: settings file has changed, clearing cache)
CRITICAL:root:Could not verify LLVM version: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
/home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: relocation error: /home/pete/Programming/Emscripten/emsdk-portable/clang/e1.37.22_64bit/llc: symbol _ZNKSt3_V214error_category10_M_messageB5cxx11Ei, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
CRITICAL:root:fastcomp in use, but LLVM has not been built with the JavaScript backend as a target, llc reports:
===========================================================================
(no targets could be identified: need more than 1 value to unpack)
===========================================================================
CRITICAL:root:you can fall back to the older (pre-fastcomp) compiler core, although that is not recommended, see http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/building_from_source/LLVM-Backend.html
INFO:root:(Emscripten: Running sanity checks)
CRITICAL:root:failing sanity checks due to previous fastcomp failure

It looks as if I fixed the python issue, but I'm not sure what my next move is from here. Anyone have any ideas what I should try or look at next?

0 Answers
Related