When I debounce this function in VueJs it works fine if I provide the number of milliseconds as a primitive. However, if I provide it as a reference to a prop, it ignores it.
Here's the abbreviated version of the props:
props : {
debounce : {
type : Number,
default : 500
}
}
Here is the watch option that does NOT work:
watch : {
term : _.debounce(function () {
console.log('Debounced term: ' + this.term);
}, this.debounce)
}
Here is a watch option that DOES work:
watch : {
term : _.debounce(function () {
console.log('Debounced term: ' + this.term);
}, 500)
}
It suspect that it is a scope issue but I don't know how to fix it. If I replace the watch method as follows...:
watch : {
term : function () {
console.log(this.debounce);
}
}
... I get the correct debounce value (500) appearing in the console.