Which CI tool do you use for your React Native project? I currently shortlisted 4 but interested what are pros and cons of each of them or any others:
Which CI tool do you use for your React Native project? I currently shortlisted 4 but interested what are pros and cons of each of them or any others:
Viktor from Bitrise.
Won't comment on other tools just a couple of highlights for Bitrise:
bitrise init on your Mac in the RN project repo root, or by registering the repo on bitrise.io you'll get a suitable base build configuration for your RN project out-of-the-box.Obviously there are many more features, for those our DevCenter should be a good starting point (http://devcenter.bitrise.io/), I just wanted to highlight a couple of points directly for your use case / for your question.
We're always happy to answer any questions you might have, and it's also worth to check our DevCenter and the community forum (https://discuss.bitrise.io/) as usually you can find your answer in these :)
I maintain an open-source RN SDK and contribute to Fastlane. I use Fastlane for CI in the repo as well as repo maintenance: https://github.com/BranchMetrics/react-native-branch-deep-linking/blob/master/fastlane/Fastfile. The repo has two jobs, one on Travis and one on Circle, because until recently, neither one supported using the Android SDK on OS X. Circle recently added support for this: https://discuss.circleci.com/t/android-and-ios-support-in-the-same-project/12102. I haven't tried it yet.
I don't have any experience using Fastlane to build and distribute RN apps, but I know a number of RN apps use it, including this one:
https://github.com/infinitered/ChainReactApp/blob/master/ios/fastlane/Fastfile https://github.com/infinitered/ChainReactApp/blob/master/android/fastlane/Fastfile
Fastlane is extensible and has a very active community that has produced a large number of plugins for different purposes: https://docs.fastlane.tools/plugins/available-plugins/.