Redirect in Shiny app

Viewed 6091

I'm trying to make my Shiny app to redirect the user to another page. I'm using httr to send GET requests and see if the user is logged in. If he's not, I want to redirect him to another link.

Can I do that using R / Shiny only, or do I need some extra libraries?

sample:

library(httr)
library(shiny)
shinyServer(function(input, output) {
rv <- reactiveValues()
rv$mytoken = session$request$token

observeEvent(input$button1, {
  rv$a <- GET("my.url:3405/authtoken", 
              add_headers(
                .headers = c("token" = rv$mytoken)
              ))
  if (rv$a$status_code == 200) {
  } else {
    # redirect magic
  }
})
}

shinyUI(fluidPage(
  actionButton(button1, "btn")
))
2 Answers

Here this will navigate you to google if not true

library(shiny)

jscode <- "Shiny.addCustomMessageHandler('mymessage', function(message) {window.location = 'http://www.google.com';});"

ui <- fluidPage(
  tags$head(tags$script(jscode)),     
  checkboxInput("Redirect","Redirect",value = T)
)

server <- function(input, output, session) {

  observeEvent(input$Redirect,{
    if(!input$Redirect){
      session$sendCustomMessage("mymessage", "mymessage")
    }
  })
}

shinyApp(ui,server)

Just to update. There is also an easier way...

shinyjs::runjs(paste0('window.location.href = "...";'))

Don't forget useShinyjs() in UI.

Related