SQLSMS Intellisense on linked server

Viewed 3815

I'm trying to work Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 10.0.5538.0 (latest right now) with Intellisense on linked servers, for example:

SELECT Column FROM [LinkedServer].DatabaseName.dbo.Table WITH(NOLOCK)

But I couldn't find a way to make intellisense show results as I write SQL code (it works fine with non-linked servers)

Things I've tried:

  • Look for answers in SQLSMS docs.
  • Look for specific config option in the application.
  • Update local cache in Edit -> IntelliSense -> Refresh local cache.

Thanks for your help,

3 Answers

As an addendum to this answer by BenXvisual, in SSMS 17.9.1 (14.0.17289.0) hotkey for switching off Intellisense is Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I.

While it isn't supported from a linked server at least turning off IntelliSense makes it a lot clearer. This can be done by simply pressing CTRL-I while in the query window. The same keyboard shortcut turns it back on again when required.

Related