I am writing a Dockerfile based on wildfly image. I have isolated these lines where I am having some headache. The curl command doesn't work during build process. I have already uninstalled and installed Docker again but the error persists. My system is a Linux Mint. In addition I tried to build that same Dockerfile in a RHEL and it worked like a charm.
Here's the Dockerfile:
FROM jboss/wildfly
RUN cd $HOME \
&& curl -O "http://central.maven.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/5.1.44/mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar"
Here's the error output:
Sending build context to Docker daemon 1.03MB
Step 1/6 : FROM jboss/wildfly
---> b695bdcce374
Step 2/6 : RUN cd $HOME && curl -O "http://central.maven.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/5.1.44/mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar"
---> Running in 4fdcef7dbda1
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:39 --:--:-- 0
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: central.maven.org; Unknown error
The command '/bin/sh -c cd $HOME && curl -O "http://central.maven.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/5.1.44/mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar"' returned a non-zero code: 6