"Visual Studio for Mac" Code Completion Barely Working In Xamarin.Android

Viewed 926

I'm using "Visual Studio for Mac" and the code completion for Xamarin.Android is terrible. Here's a screenshot of me trying to add some menu code to my MainActivity.cs. When I finish typing everything, the compiler does not complain but the lack of suggestions is troubing.

Is there a way to "turn on" code completion?

enter image description here

2 Answers

Same problem using Xamarin Forms on 19 Nov 2017 in 7.2.2.

The fix for me was deleting <solution_name>.userprefs and re-opening Xamarin Studio
as suggested in this question

I found that the answer for me was that autocompletion was already on, I just wasn't triggering it correctly. In my experience, typing the function name immediately following the override keyword would correctly display the autocompletion suggestions, whereas placing the return type after the override keyword, even though syntactically correct, would throw off the autocompletion.

Related