So the code is about giving a limit of inputs in a do while. In this case you have 3 oportunities to continue. After that the do while stops, also you have the oportunitie to stop just presing any key plus enter, but also when you start, do you have the oportunitie (here enters the switch) to exit the program. The problem or where I get stuck is here.
That maybe it's possible without a boolean, or maybe changing or adding something that I don't yet know. Sorry I try to find an answer but all I saw it's about going out a while loop whith boolean or so. Not like this.
Scanner kb = new Scanner(System.in);
// c = continue
char c;
// attempt to limit the input to 3 times
int attempt = 3;
// option = op
int op = 0;
do {
do{
System.out.println("Choose continue[0] or go out[1].");
while (!kb.hasNextInt()) {
kb.nextLine();
System.out.println("It's not a number.");
}
op = kb.nextInt();
} while ( op <= -1 || op >= 2 );
switch (op) {
case 0:
System.out.println("Continue!");
break;
case 1: //here I tried; attempt = -1
break; //is where I think it needs to be something
default:
break;
}
System.out.println("Do you wanna try again,"+attempt+" less?[c]+enter\n"
+ "Any other key + enter to exit.");
c = kb.next(".").toUpperCase().charAt(0);
attempt--;
} while ( attempt > 0 && ( c == 'C' ) );
//here also to put !( op == 0 )
kb.close();