I have an MSI that has 4 custom actions that are set to run after InstallFiles. The custom actions work fine, but the progress bar in the MSI is very misleading. To get to the point where the custom actions start probably takes about 10-15 seconds (it is a small MSI). At this point, the progress bar is probably around 95%. Each custom action takes about a minute each. It takes about 15 seconds to get to 95% complete and 4 minutes to finish the last 5%.
Is there any way to to tell the installer that these custom actions will take a while to run? For example, it would be nice if I could tell the installer that each custom action was 20% of the total time. Therefore, everything up to the InstallFiles complete would be 20% complete and then after each custom action, it would add 20% complete.
I'm guessing there is not a way to do it (if there is, I missed it in the docs), but does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?