I'm trying to run the PyTorch tutorial on CIFAR10 image classification here - http://pytorch.org/tutorials/beginner/blitz/cifar10_tutorial.html#sphx-glr-beginner-blitz-cifar10-tutorial-py
I've made a small change and I'm using a different dataset. I have images from the Wikiart dataset that I want to classify by artist (label = artist name).
Here is the code for the Net -
class Net(nn.Module):
def __init__(self):
super(Net, self).__init__()
self.conv1 = nn.Conv2d(3, 6, 5)
self.pool = nn.MaxPool2d(2, 2)
self.conv2 = nn.Conv2d(6, 16, 5)
self.fc1 = nn.Linear(16*5*5, 120)
self.fc2 = nn.Linear(120, 84)
self.fc3 = nn.Linear(84, 10)
def forward(self, x):
x = self.pool(F.relu(self.conv1(x)))
x = self.pool(F.relu(self.conv2(x)))
x = x.view(-1, 16*5*5)
x = F.relu(self.fc1(x))
x = F.relu(self.fc2(x))
x = self.fc3(x)
return x
Then there is this section of the code where I start training the Net.
for epoch in range(2):
running_loss = 0.0
for i, data in enumerate(wiki_train_dataloader, 0):
inputs, labels = data['image'], data['class']
print(inputs.shape)
inputs, labels = Variable(inputs), Variable(labels)
optimizer.zero_grad()
# forward + backward + optimize
outputs = net(inputs)
loss = criterion(outputs, labels)
loss.backward()
optimizer.step()
# print statistics
running_loss += loss.data[0]
if i % 2000 == 1999: # print every 2000 mini-batches
print('[%d, %5d] loss: %.3f' %
(epoch + 1, i + 1, running_loss / 2000))
running_loss = 0.0
This line print(inputs.shape) gives me torch.Size([4, 32, 32, 3]) with my Wikiart dataset whereas in the original example with CIFAR10, it prints torch.Size([4, 3, 32, 32]).
Now, I'm not sure how to change the Conv2d in my Net to be compatible with torch.Size([4, 32, 32, 3]).
I get this error:
RuntimeError: Given input size: (3 x 32 x 3). Calculated output size: (6 x 28 x -1). Output size is too small at /opt/conda/conda-bld/pytorch_1503965122592/work/torch/lib/THNN/generic/SpatialConvolutionMM.c:45
While reading the images for the Wikiart dataset, I resize them to (32, 32) and these are 3-channel images.
Things I tried:
1) The CIFAR10 tutorial uses a transform which I am not using. I could not incorporate the same into my code.
2) Changing self.conv2 = nn.Conv2d(6, 16, 5) to self.conv2 = nn.Conv2d(3, 6, 5). This gave me the same error as above. I was only changing this to see if the error message changes.
Any resources on how to calculate input & output sizes in PyTorch or automatically reshape Tensors would be really appreciated. I just started learning Torch & I find the size calculations complicated.