I have a repository which contains a backend (Node/Express) and a Frontend client, as such:
├── build
├── config
├── coverage
│ └── lcov-report
├── dist
│ └── static
├── server (node/express server)
│ ├── coverage
│ ├── docs
| ├── src
│ ├── etc
│ └── package.json
|
├── src (Vue.js : client code)
│ ├── api
│ ├── assets
│ ├── components
│ ├── router
│ └── store
└── static
└── package.json
I have two package.json files, one for the client and one for the server.
- I face issues deploying on services such as Heroku as they don't expect two different npm packages in one repository (I think). How is it possible to deploy to Heroku (or others) with this setup?
- Would it be wiser to have 1 package.json file for both parts of the application?
Which would be the advantage and disadvantages of having both frontend and backend parts in the same package.json?