Installation of tensorflow-gpu 1.4 on cuda 9 and cudnnv7

Viewed 3450

I am trying to install tensorflow-gpu on gtx 1050 with cuda 9 and cudnn v7 on windows 10. I have added all the environment variables. But I am getting the following error: ImportError: Could not find 'cudart64_80.dll'. TensorFlow requires that this DLL be installed in a directory that is named in your %PATH% environment variable

2 Answers

I just replied something very related in this other SO post. Assuming you got the CUDA and CUDNN part, and for your specific question, it is indeed possible and easy to get TensorFlow 1.4 working with CUDA9+CUDNN7 on Python:

  1. Visit mind's repo and download the wheel file that suits your needs. Wheel files are precompiled Python packages and can be installed very easily with pip, which hopefully also works on windows without much trouble (I didn't test it, let me know if this works). If your desired package doesn't happen to be there, you can give a look to this repo that the user Yaroslav Bulatov organized to see if you find what you look for. Thank you all for this effort, by the way!

  2. Install the wheel with pip. Quick test:

    import tensorflow as tf
    x = tf.nn.conv2d(tf.ones([1,1,10,1]), tf.ones([1,5,1,1]), strides=[1, 1, 1, 1], padding='SAME')
    with tf.Session() as sess:
        sess.run(x) # this should output a tensor of shape (1,1,10,1) with [3,4,5,5,5,5,5,5,4,3]
    

Note that some of mind's wheels require Intel's MKL library to be installed, as noted here. Again, in the other SO post I referred to before I detail the instructions for installing it and making TF finding it on Linux (Linux users may want to check the post that I linked for more details on installing CUDA and CUDNN without root privileges). The official instructions to build it can be found here (they seem to be only for Ubuntu, though).

Cheers,
Andres

Current version of tensorflow i.e 1.4 supports cuda 8, thus 'cudart64_80.dll' of cuda 8 is missing. download cuda 8 and suitable cudnn, it will fix the problem

Related