Is there any way .git/config can be replicated onto a remote server. I would like to modify http postBuffer at the remote url end using command line. Does git push replicate config as well.
Is there any way .git/config can be replicated onto a remote server. I would like to modify http postBuffer at the remote url end using command line. Does git push replicate config as well.
The config remains purely local, for security reason, as I mentioned in 2011.
So git push does not replicate config as well.
One way would be to store a config file as a regular file in the repo, with instruction to set it up once cloned.
But directly change a config setting on a remote server from a client-side command-line is not possible.
Not unless you can establish a direct connection (for instance ssh) onto the server, to the the repository path, and execute a git config command there.