Netcat Failing with h_errno 11004: NO_DATA

Viewed 4129

I have a win xp box running netcat v: 1.10 NT as non-listener, and a kali linux box running as the listener, with netcat v: 1-10-41-1.

When I run my listener on kali I get:

nc -v -w 60 -p 4444 -l < /home/user/file.py
listening on [any] 4444 ...

When I run my windows box to listen to kali, I get:

C:\Users\AUser\Desktop\Tools\netcat>nc -v -w 4 10.11.0.88 4444 > file.py
10.11.0.88: inverse host lookup failed: h_errno 11004: NO_DATA
(UNKNOWN) [10.11.0.88] 4444 (?) open

I tried doing thorough google searches, but didn't find anything that could help me out.

Current result: doesnt transfer file.

Desired Result: transfers the file.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you.

1 Answers

This may have been a system issue on my end.

Although, I did get it to work!! Instead of using netcat, i used ncat the newer version.

Here is the syntax: (windows): ncat -l > file.py

(linux): ncat --send-only <win-ip> < /root/Desktop/file.py

Hope this helps someone!

Related